Instruments In The Redeemer's Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 1-3

Go down

Chapters 1-3 Empty Chapters 1-3

Post by Jessica Tisher Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:29 pm

I was honestly surprised by how much I am enjoying this book! I even had my mom start reading it with me. There is so much wonderful content and my mom and I have had very encouraging, deep conversations about our call as Instruments of God. I grabbed a highlighter and went to town on this book, and then had to get another highlighter because I ran out of ink! On page 2 when the author talks about sin altering every thought, desire, word, and deed, I was struck by the truth of that statement. And then he goes on to say that "rather than loving people and using things to express it, people loved things and used people to get them." Wow! How true is that! I was thinking about problems in society and even some of the fights that I have had with my sister. As true as this is, it is not a hopeless end. God had a plan for Jesus to come and he has a plan to use us too. I loved the bottom of page 5 when it says that "the Bible defines repentance as a radical change of heart resulting in a radical change of one's life, but this only happens if there is power to change! This power comes from God!

After a call to action proclaiming the good news, the next chapter is about us being in the hands of the redeemer. It was a definite good reminder that "we don't change anyone; it is the work of the redeemer. We are simply his instruments." (pg 18) That is so encouraging! Thank goodness that I don't actually have to change anyone, pretty sure I would change them for the worst. I am one of God's tools and so is everybody else! I also thought it was interesting when he talked about seeing the Word as a story, a big picture. The couple had to look to Abraham for marriage help. I definitely agree that the bible can be misused and manipulated to "justify" sin and keep self at the center.

I was also convicted when the book talked about God's design of us to be dependent on him. He had to reveal to us who we are and what to do with our lives. Too often I try to take my life into my own hands, and that never ends well. But I suppose that if i have to serve somebody, I am glad its the maker of the heavens and earth!

Jessica Tisher

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum