Instruments In The Redeemer's Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 1-3

Go down

chapter 1-3 Empty chapter 1-3

Post by Brooke Wiebe Sun May 28, 2017 5:54 am

There is so much that could be said, but we’ll see how coherent my brain is with just this...
I really appreciated the reminders in these chapters this week (so many)! When you respond to the Redeemer’s work in your life, you are becoming an instrument in His hand, we were designed to be in daily submission to God and to live for His glory and as a servant. You don’t have separate lives, you have A life, how are you living it? At work recently I have received some “grief” about “taking my ‘religion’ too seriously, I could wait until I am older, and I need to do more for myself now.” I am now growing into the person I want to be, I don’t want to live life for me, I want to be using it for God– I don’t want to be a glory thief. I have seen Him radically change my life (killing sin and changing my heart) and want to share the same hope with others, we need a Redeemer for lasting change not a system. “In our self-absorbed culture, we need to see the grandeur of this kingdom. We cannot shrink it to the size of our needs and desires. It takes us far beyond our personal situations and relationships. The King came not to make our agenda possible, but to draw us into something more amazing, glorious and wonderful than we could ever imagine (4).”

The beginning of chapter 2 was great, God never gets a wrong address! I can think of so many times when I am ‘sure’ that I am not the person for the job. God calls all of His people to be His instruments. Be used where God has placed you. There are lots of times too when I think I need to be ‘perfect’ before I can help anyone else, but hey, I am human and in need of change too and still striving Smile I also enjoyed the chapter as it reiterated points from the Biblical counseling conference. “You can’t be fixed apart from God,” If you are looking at how to be fixed by God, you need to be in His word, and applying it to your life. “We forget that God’s word is the primary tool of our change.”
Yes, we really need help.

Brooke Wiebe

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum